You may ask yourself why is chakra balancing important? When your chakras are balanced, your energy flows in a balanced manner. The negative emotions, as well as disruptive thoughts and physical sickness, are less likely to manifest.
Some diseases or negative behaviors may be associated with unbalanced energy within our bodies. For example, this means that being fearful could be tied to an unbalanced solar chakra. Or, when you have lower back pain may be associated with the unbalanced crown chakra.
Humans are guided by energy, and they reciprocate based on the mind-body connection. Unbalanced internal energies can result in diseases. Unbalanced chakras may lead to emotional, spiritual, or physical symptoms.
Each chakra functions differently and rules over a particular section of the body. However, there are a few practices you can do to balance your chakras. Read ahead to find tips.
6 Tips On How To Balance Your Chakras
Spend Time in Nature
There are days you are low, anxious, have no confidence, and feel ungrounded. The problem might be from an unbalanced root chakra which you find at the base of the spine. The physical symptoms of root chakra affect the immune system.
To balance your chakra, spend time in nature. It will help to ground you by connecting to the earth’s energy. Try walking on the earth’s soil barefoot. It will act as a conductor between your body and nature. It will help remove all negative emotions.
2. Meditation to Balance your Chakras
Get a calm and quiet place. Sit for 10 minutes in silence observing your breathing. Release any tension as you breathe in and out deeply.
To get the full benefits of this meditation, involve all the seven chakras. Each chakra is associated with its color. They are:
- Root chakra(red)- base of the spine
- Sacral chakra(orange)-pelvic area
- Plexus chakra(yellow)-stomach area
- Heart Chakra(green)- the center of the heart
- Throat Chakra(Blue)- Neck
- Third-eye chakra(Indigo)- Centre of your forehead
- Crown chakra(white)- right above your scalp
To balance your chakras, with this meditation, you can envision where there is discomfort in your body. Then imagine its color lighting up from its center point. It is best to start from the bottom of your spine at the root chakra and slowly move up as you give time to the other six chakras depicting color radiating from your body.
3. Check Your Diet to balance your Chakras
Diet plays a major role in ensuring that our bodies perform their duties well and emit the right energy. To balance your chakras, analyze and identify blocked chakras. Eat more foods and herbs that will help with the specific chakra. The list below is a guide to chakra and what food works for it.
Root chakra: carrots, potatoes, onions, radishes, soy products, eggs, tomatoes
Sacral chakra: strawberries,passion fruit,coconut,oranges,melons,bell peppers
Solar plexus chakra: flax seeds,milk,cheese,yogurt,ginger,mints,turmeric,lemons
Heart chakra: broccoli,kale,spinach,cabbage,cauliflower,basil,thyme,green apples
Throat chakra: water, fruit juices and herbal teas, sage
Third-eye chakra: blueberries, grapes and wines, spruce
Crown chakra: sage, myrrh,juniper, eggplant
Once your diet involves a combination of most of the above, it will help balance your chakras in every meal.
4. Use of Essential Oils to Balance Your Chakras
Aromatherapy is a form of alternative medicine that is used to cure different ailments. The natural-based oils may also help balance your chakras. Before using essential oils on your body, do a patch test to confirm there is no irritation.
Dilute the essential oil with a carrier oil of your choice before application on the skin as some of them are potent. The following essential oils may help balance your chakras and, they include:
This essential oil has been in use for centuries for medicinal and religious purposes. That is:
- Enable you to have a direction of your life
- Help to balance your energy when you are feeling unsafe
- Have a grounding effect
Vetiver oil will help you to
- Feel grounded and sure of yourself
- Encourage honor
- Establish your mind-body connection
A blocked sacral chakra would present itself in your body in the form of guilt, anxiety, fear, and rejection. Good essential oil to balance your sacral chakra include:
- Supports the feelings of self-love and acceptance
- Evokes eroticism
- Supports healing of body image issues
The other essential oils are patchouli, rose, ylang-ylang pink pepper seed, and sweet orange.
A blocked solar plexus will bring problems such as stress, depression, doubt, pity parties, and feelings of shame. You can heal your solar plexus by using:
This oil may help change your thinking and rigid patterns. It helps to give you ideas of ways to solve issues and how to find solutions for past patterns.
Other essential oils include:
- Ylang ylang
A blocked heart chakra will result in rejecting yourself and having conditional love for yourself and others.
To balance the heart chakra, use the following essential oils
- Rose: encourages love, compassion, and gentleness to self and others
- Pine: helps to release old wounds and move on
When your throat chakra is blocked, you will not be able to be an active listener. Secondly, you might end up using words irresponsibly.
Essential oils to heal your throat chakra are:
- Blue chamomile: gives you the power to share your ideas and communicate
- Frankincense: it will prevent outbursts and encourages clear communication
Third Eye Chakra
A blocked third eye will result in feeling tired and consistent stress
Essential oils to unlock the third eye chakra includes:
- Lemon: it will help expand your mind and organize new information
- Sandalwood: It will enhance your meditation practice and align you to your higher self
A blocked crown chakra will manifest in the form of boredom, fatigue, and disconnection from yourself.
Essential oils to balance this chakra are:
- White lotus flower: It will help to stimulate your mind and push you to know yourself
- Chinese rice flower: It acts as a portal between the physical and spiritual realms. It will help you to transform those brilliant ideas into action.